Frequently Asked Questions
Our cork yoga mats are truly versatile and will suit any yoga practice. The standard 4mm thick mat is suitable for all styles of yoga including Bikram and Hot Yoga. The thicker 5mm mat is suited for restorative styles and Yin Yoga as well as recommended for any yogi who seeks extra support for their knees,wrists and sacrum.
Our cork yoga mats will last at least 2 years. We've found the following measures ensure longevity of our cork yoga mats:
1. Use indoors on a flat surface and avoid excessive outdoor use, particularly on uneven, rocky surfaces.
2. Avoid wearing jewellery while practicing.
3. Wipe up weekly with diluted vinegar (varies on how often you use it).
4. Avoid stepping on the mat with dirty feet (this may stain the cork natural light colour).
5. Store away (rolled up or flat) when not in use to avoid it potentially getting dirty; anyone stepping on it or pets making it their bed.
6. Do not crease the mat.
Our yoga mats are made from natural rubber and recycled cork. The cork layer is fused with the natural tree rubber base using heat and the yoga mat contains no PVC, PER, TPE or adhesives.
Everyone is different. Most of our customers love the grip on their yoga mats. Cork provides a steady stable surface and the grip improves the more you sweat. For extra grip sprinkle water on your mat where your hands and feet go before practice.
The cork is a thin layer pressed into a fabric which allows maximum flexibility. It will not crack.
The cork is sourced from Portugal and the yoga mats are made in China. All our other products are made in India.
We would love to support a local company in New Zealand. We were unable to find a supplier to produce the yoga mats as per our specifications. Factories we approached did not have the capability to make our products without PVC, TPE, PER or adhesives, which are found in most conventional yoga mats - and which we wanted to avoid at all costs! If you know of a company who could manufacture these locally please get in touch.